Carefully read all warnings and instructions com- pletely before beginning.
2.Verify all parts have been received in this kit by checking the parts list at the end of this document.
3. Only install this kit on the vehicle for which it is specified. If anytime during the installation you encounter something different from what is outlined
in the instructions, call technical support at (928)
4.Special tools needed:
a.Welder (or access to a professional welding
shop) to weld the kit spacers (bed supports)
onto the frame. If necessary, the vehicle can be
driven to a shop where the kit spacers can be
welded onto the frame later.
b.Die grinder or similar tool capable of cutting
5.Park the vehicle on a clean, dry, flat, level surface and block the tires so the vehicle cannot roll in either
6. Measure cab, bed, and bumper locations: Mea-
sure and record the distance between the following components for proper alignment after the body has
•front bumper and fenders
•cab and bed
•rear bumper and bed/tailgate
7. Battery cables: Disconnect both battery cables. Be
sure to disconnect the negative cable first, then the
8. Airbag fuse: Remove airbag fuses from fuse box in
the interior and under hood (refer to owner’s man-
Access to cab mount bolts: Remove four screws
holding each door jamb scuff plate to body. Remove
side kick panels by gently pulling out on kick panels.
Be careful not to damage plastic tabs holding kick
panels to body. Pull carpeting back to reveal access
covers above cab mounting bolts. Remove access
covers. There should be one access hole on each
side of the front floorboard, and one access hole on
each side of the floorboard behind the rear seat. On
extra cab models, fold up rear seats, remove side
panels, and pull carpeting back to expose access
10. Ground strap (frame): Two ground straps are con-
nected to the body and the middle cab mounts on
the frame (one on each side). Disconnect ground
straps from frame.
11. Ground strap (firewall): A ground strap runs from
the back of the engine to a stud on the firewall.
Remove nut holding ground strap to stud on firewall.
Install kit bracket (ground strap) on firewall stud.
Install stock nut on stud. Install ground strap on stud
protruding from kit bracket. Install a kit washer (1/4”
SAE) and kit nut (1/4” Nylock) on stud.
12. Wire loom (driver side of engine): A wire loom
runs to the battery and the driver side fender well.
The wire loom is attached to a bracket on the driver
side of the engine. A nut holds the bracket to a stud
protruding from the engine. Remove nut from stud.
Remove bracket from stud. Remove wire loom from
bracket. The bracket will be repositioned on the wire
loom and reattached to the engine after the cab has
13. Automatic transmission: Vehicles with automatic
transmission are shifted via a cable. If clips holding
cable to body might cause cable to bind, remove
cable from clips.
14. 4WD (electronic shift): Remove wire loom mount- ing tab from bracket on rear of transfer case. The
wire loom will be remounted after lifting the cab.
15. Air intake hose: Loosen clamp holding air intake
hose to intake manifold. Disconnect any wires or
other hoses connected to main intake hose. Remove
hose from air cleaner housing by releasing large
clamp holding assembly together. Remove hose
16. Radiator: Remove two bolts holding top of radiator to core support. Carefully lift radiator up and off of
lower mounting pads. Reposition radiator under
lower mounting pads.