Care must be taken when installing this accessory to ensure damage does not occur to vehicle. Installation of this accessory
should follow approved guidelines to ensure a quality installation.
These guidelines can be found in the “Accessory Installation Practices” document.
This document covers such items as:
• Vehicle Protection (use of covers and blankets, cleaning chemicals, etc.).
• Safety (eye protection, rechecking torque procedure, etc.).
• Vehicle Disassembly/Reassembly (panel removal, part storage, etc.).
• Electrical Component Disassembly/Reassembly (battery disconnection, connector removal, etc.).
Please see your Toyota dealer for a copy of the “Accessory Installation Practices” document.
1. Vehicle Protection.
(a) Remove negative battery cable (Fig. 1-1).
(1) Protect fender before starting.
(2) Do not touch positive terminal with any
tool when removing cable.
(b) Check kit contents.
2. Back-up Camera Installation
(a) Lower the tailgate.
(b) Remove the eight (8) T-30 screws to the
access panel on the inside of the tailgate.
Remove the panel (Fig. 2-1).
(c) Disconnect the tailgate mechanism rods from
the purple and orange clips.
(d) Remove the two (2) M6 x 8mm bolts to the
tailgate latch and remove the latch from the
tailgate (Fig. 2-2).
(e) Remove the retaining clip to the tailgate lock
mechanism and remove the lock assembly.
Take care not to cut fingers (Fig. 2-2).
(f) Install the lock assembly in the new tailgate
latch provided with the camera kit. The new
latch includes an opening for the camera.